- Zac - You're on Par & the coordinating outline die (new release)
- Arrows Die set (new release)
- Palm Tree Die set
- Edger Dies (I used the hill die)
- Watermark Embossing Pad
- Embossing Powder - Oceana
- Jelly Dots - Buttercream
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Blank Page Muse Art Rubber Stamp: The Femmes Mermaid Ocean Scene
- White cardstock 4"W x 4-1/2"H to stamp image
- White cardstock to mat the colored stamped image 3-1/4"W x 3-7/8"H
- White cardstock card base for 6" x 6" card (cardstock 12" x 6" folded in half)
- Turquoise cardstock mat 5-7/8" x 5-7/8"
- Black cardstock mat 5-3/4" x 5-3/4"
- Watercolor paper 5-5/8" x 5-5/8"
- Black stamp pad with stamping block or stamp positioner
- Favorite coloring medium. I used Copic markers (colors listed below).
- Distress inks: Seedless preserves, Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean, Black soot
- Distress spray stain: Brushed pewter, Broken china, Picket fence
- Press 'n Seal, craft mat, or wax paper (for ink smooshing)
- Water in a spray bottle
- Heat gun
- Your favorite mermaid sentiment or any sentiment of choice
- Optional embellishments - jelly dots, enamel dots, rhinestones, or sequins
- Your favorite adhesive
- Stamp image on white cardstock and color with your favorite medium. I used Copic markers.
- Cut out the stamp on the black outline border. Adhere the stamped image on the 3-1/4"W x 3-7/8"H piece of white cardstock and cut around it to form the mat.
- Ink the edges of the mat with Distress ink in Black Soot. Set aside.
- Time to ink smoosh!
- Protect the work surface by using Press 'n Seal, a craft mat, or wax paper. I use Press 'n Seal for easy clean up.
- Apply ink onto your work surface with Distress ink pads in Seedless preserves, Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, and Salty Ocean
- Spritz the ink with water
- Using the watercolor paper, smoosh the paper over the ink. It will take several layers of ink smooshing to achieve an ocean/sea look. Add more ink and water when needed. Use a heat gun to dry each layer before smooshing again. Repeat until satisfied with the look.
- Using a new piece of Press 'n Seal, ink smoosh with the Distress Spray Stain in Brushed Pewter. This will give it some shine. Dry using the heat gun.
- Using the Distress Spray Stain in Broken China and Picket Fence, add droplets onto the ink smooshing using the tube from the sprayer as shown. Dry using the heat gun.
- Stamp or print a mermaid sentiment of choice, trim to size, and adhere it to a white mat. Distress the edges using Distress ink in Black Soot.
- Adhere all the card layers as shown then adhere to the 6x6 card base
- To finish the card, add jelly dots, enamel dots, rhinestones, or sequins
The card is now finished, but you can add other embellishments, such as ribbon, charms, and glitter.
Sunday, May 2, 2021
Thursday, April 29, 2021
- Decorate each step with a snow hill using white glitter cardstock. I used a hill die from Gina Marie Designs. This is for all 3 step/panels of the card.
- The Christmas tree is cut using an Ellentina Cutting Die out of green cardstock and the snow is white glitter cardstock. The tree is decorated with rhinestones from my stash. The star is a die from Gina Marie Designs (from the same set as the hill). Adhere the tree to the square panel using double sided foam tape.
- The swirls on the card is actually the pumpkin vines from a pumpkin shaker die set from Stamp Anniething. The snowflakes are from Hobby Lobby.
I hope you give this card a try! This stamp set is just fabulous and fun to play with! Thank you for visiting and have a crafty week!
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Sunday, April 25, 2021
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Monday, April 19, 2021
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Scrappy Boy Stamps is a new stamp company and this is their second set. Please check out the store for their first set. Have a great day and a crafty week!
Friday, April 16, 2021
My favorite season of the year is Spring. I love how the trees are bare one week then full of leaves the next, the smell of fresh cut grass, and the sound of birds chirping. My husband and I walk every morning and it's been a delight to see all the different flowers blooming everywhere. This inspired me to create my art journal pages called Nature's Art using stamps from Blank Page Muse Art Rubber Stamps (please see supplies list below for list).
- Blank Page Muse Art Rubber Stamps:
- Dragonfly Lady-The Femmes Series
- Girl with Basket of Flowers
- Small Sunflower Blossom by Pam Bray Designs
- Small Dragonfly by Pam Bray Designs
- Background Grunge by Pam Bray Designs
- Stamping block
- Washi tape, wax paper, Press and Seal (to protect coils, margins, and other pages)
- White gesso
- Paint brush
- Distress Spray inks: Bundled Sage, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, and Picket Fence
- Water spray bottle
- Heat gun (optional)
- Floral patterned paper of choice
- White cardstock for stamping images
- Coloring medium of choice. I used both Prismacolor pencils and Copic markers
- Black cardstock
- Alphabet dies
- Press and Seal or Transfer tape
- Liquid glue
- Distress ink pad: Black Soot
- Distress ink blender brush/pad
- Water dropper
- Collage Medium (I used Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium)
- Sentiment stickers (I used Tim Holtz - Small Talk stickers)
- Prepare the art journal pages by covering the coils with Press and Seal and the margins with washi tape. Add wax paper under the pages.
- Paint on a layer of gesso and let it completely dry.
- Place the journal into a box so the over spray is contained in the box.
- Spray the Distress Ink onto the pages, but don't overlap too much. Spray water over the ink so the ink will spread. Gently use a paper towel to mop up puddles. Use a heat gun to quick dry or air dry.
- Using the Background Grunge stamps, randomly stamp images using a stamp block or without. The entire image of the stamp does not have to stamp to create the background. Select a variety of stamps from the set to use.
- Tear patterned paper corners and adhere using collage medium.
- Stamp and color the butterfly, sunflower (stamp partial or cut flowers in half since they will be placed on edge of journal page), and dragonfly stamps then fussy cut. Use any colors you like, but here's what I used:
- Butterfly (Copic markers): Y17, B02, RV02
- Dragonfly (Copic markers): YG11, BV00, BV01
- Sunflower (Copic markers): Y17, Y35, Y13, E33
- Stamp and color the Girl with Basket of Flowers. Use any colors you like. Here are my Prismacolor pencil colors:
- Skin: 116, 018, 019, 020
- Cheeks: 082
- Hair: 117, 114, 010
- Blue: 042, 043
- Tree & Basket: 114, 116
- Green for leaves and flowers: 110, 061
- Pink flowers: 080, 082
- Grass: 057, 110, 061
- Sky: 101
- Walkway: 065
- Stamp and color the Dragonfly Lady. Use any colors you like. Here are my Copic colors:
- Hair: E39, YR27, YR24, Y32
- Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
- Cheeks: R20
- Lips: R21
- Dragonflies: YG11, BV00, BV01
- Stars: Y24, Y11, Y15
- Blue background: B00, B000
- Bubbles: Y00, B000, BV000; plus Castle Arts colored pencil #35 lavender light.
- Using the Distress Ink in Black Soot, ink the edges of each image. Set aside.
- Using alphabet dies and black cardstock, cut out the words "nature's art."
- Using a self-healing mat or surface with grid lines, add a line of removable adhesive onto the mat. Line up the die cuts onto the mat and place a piece of transfer tape or Press and Seal on top to pick up all the letters at once. Use a spatula to help lift the die cuts off the mat.
- Add liquid glue to the die cuts the place them onto your journal pages.
- Carefully peel off the transfer tape or Press and Seal.
- Using the end of the water spray pump, add a few big drops of water onto the journal pages for some texture (optional - this was a last minute, spur of the moment idea).
- Adhere all the images onto the journal pages using collage medium. Add the sentiment stickers.
- Lastly, apply a light coat of collage medium all over the pages.