Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Conie Fong - Sunflower in a Pot - Bundle

I like to have some sympathy cards on hand so when I need them, I don't have to rush to make them. I like to send sympathy cards right away. I made these very simple, but gorgeous, cards using digital files from Conie Fong called Sunflower in a Pot - Bundle, which comes in a bundle of five images, including two sunflowers not in a pot and two sentiments (sympathy and birthday).

I like using digital files, because you can make them any size you want and you can overlap them without the fuss of masking as you would with rubber stamps. When purchasing this set of files, make sure you get the PNG files and not the JPG. You can use Microsoft Word or Publisher to create your digital card, print it out, then color it.  For the card with the flowers not in a pot, I used Publisher to create the A2 size card. For the slimline card with the flower pot, I used my Silhouette software.

I am providing detailed instructions for the A2 card and brief instructions for the slimline card. For the slimline card, you should be familiar with the Silhouette software to make this card. If you are not familiar with the Silhouette software, use Publisher or Work with patterned paper to make this slimline card.


How to make the A2 Card:
  1. In Publisher, Draw a Text Box with a size of 3.75" x 5"
  2. Using the Drawing Tools Format, Shape Fill, fill this box with the color black
  3. Insert the digital images into the text box. You can resize the flowers any size you like. To achieve the look I have, make sure the flowers are off the edges of the box. I rotated the flowers to where I wanted the leaves to be placed.
  4. For the sentiment, use the Insert, Shapes and select the oval shape. Using the Drawing Tools Format Shape Fill, you will fill this oval with the color white.
  5. Insert the sentiment digital file into the oval. You will need to resize both the oval and sentiment so it fits on the card.
  6. Print and then cut to the size of 3.75" x 5"
  7. Color (I used Copic markers, but you can use any color medium) then glue it on matching cardstock and then glue it on your base cardstock. You can add some embellishments of choice. 
Copic markers used:
Sunflower petals: YR27, YR23, YR21, YR20
Center of sunflowers: E49, E47, E44, E43, E42
Leaves & stem: G28, G17, G03, G00
Flower Pot: E49, E44, E42

For the slimline card, I used my Silhouette Cameo. I used the Silhouette software to create the striped background with a size of 8.25" x 3.25". Then I merged the flower pot and sentiment onto the background and printed out the card. I then used Copic markers to color the Sunflower in a Pot. I used a ruler and Sharpie to draw a box around the sentiment. I cut the base card 7" x 8.25". Score at 3.5" and fold in half. I cut a mat card the size of 3-3/8" x 8.25". You will need to cut your face card about 1/8" all the way around so it fits on the mat. Glue it all together and you are done!


Copic markers used:
Sunflower petals: YR27, YR23, YR21, YR20
Center of sunflowers: E49, E47, E44, E43, E42
Leaves & stem: G28, G17, G03, G00
Flower Pot: E49, E44, E42

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Your choice of displaying the different sizes was a great idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete