Thursday, February 25, 2021

Conie Fong Art & Design: Gnome Sweethearts

I am always in need of birthday cards. I try to build my stash with cards that will suit different ages. Today I made a card using Conie Fong's adorable "Gnome Sweethearts," which is great for both kids and adults. This digital stamp set is called Gnome Sweethearts with Dogs and Sentiment Bundle comes with 11 images (1 gnome sweethearts, 5 dogs, 5 sentiments) and it comes in PNG or JPG formats. This is also a great stamp for other occasions, such as Valentine's Day, friendship, and hello.

Head on over to our Facebook fan page and check out the monthly challenges. Lots of winners and prizes! 



I first imported the images into my Silhouette Cameo software and placed the dogs around the gnomes then printed it on cardstock. I then printed the same image on Eclipse masking tape so that I could mask the images before I ink blended the background. 

After applying the masking tape, I used Distress Oxide inks in Lucky Clover for the grass and Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans for the sky making sure I did not ink over the sentiment. I then peeled off the mask and was ready to Copic color the images. Copic colors are listed below.



Copic Markers Used:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks & Dog's tongue: R21, R20
Beard: T5, T3, T1
Hair: E59, E25, E33, E21
Blue: B06, B04, B02, B01, B00
Yellow: Y38, Y35, Y15, Y13, Y11
Black: T7, T5, T3, T1
Pink: RV02, RV00, RV000
Labrador retriever: E53, E42, E41
Maltese: T5, T3, T2, T0
Bulldog: E44, E43, E42, E41
Yorkie: W5, W3, W2, W0

I used a Copic Multi-liner to draw hearts on the caps and dots on their clothes. I used a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen on the hearts, flower, and pom-poms. To finish the card, I added flower gems to the card. 


I hope you enjoyed this card. Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day!



1 comment: