Saturday, April 17, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps New Release: Believe in the Magic of Christmas

I am determined not to wait until two weeks before Christmas to make my cards this year! I am so thrilled that Scrappy Boy Stamps came out with a new release that featured a set that can be used for Christmas cards, or not, called Pretty Little Things. Inspired by The Nutcracker, this stamp set is not just for Christmas. Check out my April 15th blog post for a non-Christmas card using stamps from this set. 


For this card, I used the nutcracker, teddy bear, rocking horse, and train set from the stamp set. These stamps come with coordinating outline dies. The stamps and dies also come in a bundle

I first stamped the teddy bear, rocking horse, train set, and three nutcrackers and cut them out using their coordinating outline die. Then I colored them with Copic markers.

Copic Markers Used:
Teddy Bear: E35, E33, E31
Rocking Horse: E35, E33, E31, G07, G05, G02
Train set: (Red) R59, R37, R24, R32; (Blue) B16, B14, B12; (Yellow) Y17, Y15, Y11; (Green) G07, G05, G02; Windows B000, BV000

I wanted to create a cozy scene with a fireplace, so I used a fireplace die from Hero Arts and a garland stamp from Michael's. In order to get all the pieces to fit, I created an A6 size card (4-1/2" x 6-1/4"). I die cut the fireplace and ink blended it with Distress Ink in Fired Brick. I stamped the fire using Distress Ink in Wild Honey. I stamped the grate, log and stockings using Momento Tuxedo Black so that I can color them using Copic markers (same shades of browns, reds, and blues used above). I cut out a piece of black cardstock for the backing of the fireplace.

I stamped the garland using a Stamp Anniething Hybrid Ink pad in Willow Bough. I colored the berries using Copic markers (red shades listed above).


I stamped the sentiment on gray cardstock and cut it with a stitched rectangle die and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Black Soot.


I used patterned paper from Echo Park 6x6 pad called Christmas Delivery to create the wall, a strip of gray cardstock for the floor board, and another patterned paper from Echo Park for the carpet. 

I adhered the fireplace and sentiment using double sided foam tape and everything else is adhered using liquid glue.  


Scrappy Boy Stamps is a new stamp company and this is their second set. Please check out the store for their first set. Have a great day and a crafty week! 



1 comment:

  1. So cute it has all the magic of Christmas decorating in it. Cute.

    ReplyDelete