Monday, June 28, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps: Climb Every Mountain Slimline Card

When Scrappy Boy Stamps (Sean) came out with three AMAZING stamp sets inspired by The Sound of Music in May, I knew I had to make a slimline card with the entire family. I had the stamps colored, but I waited for the outline dies to arrive so that I didn't have to fussy cut nine stamps! 

There are three sets: 1) Climb Every Mountain; 2) Can't Stop Singing; and 3) Fill My Heart. You can buy each set individually or all three sets in a bundle. Currently, if you buy the stamp bundle, you get $5 off! Coordinating outline dies are also available for those that hate to fussy cut and also get $5 off on the bundle! This link will take you to the Scrappy Boy Stamps store and you can check out all the other stamps that are available. 


The first thing I did was stamped all the images and colored them with Copic markers. Then I used the coordinating outline die to cut them out. Since the children are all wearing the same outfit, it was easy to color them. Skin colors are all the same, but I used two different hair color combinations. I also stamped the sentiment, trimmed it with my paper trimmer, and added a black cardstock mat.


Copic Markers Used

Children
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Clothes: W8, W6, W4, W2, Blender
Hair:  Child 1 (youngest), 4, 6, 7 - E39, YR24, YR23, YR20
Hair: Child 2, 3, 5 - E29, E37, E35, E34, E32

Father
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Hair: E49, E47, E44, E43
Suit: B39, B37, B34
Tie & Shoes: T7, T5, T2
White: T3, T1, Blender

Governess (Maria)
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Hair: E29, E37, E35, E34, E31
Dress & Shoes: E18, E15, E13, E11
Guitar: Y13, E55, E53, E51

To ensure that the entire family fit on this slimline card, I cut the card base at 8"W x 4"H. This size card fits into a standard size 10 envelope. I matted the card front with black cardstock.

I used watercolor paper for the card front and used Distress Oxides to create the sky, mountains, and grass. First, I stamped the mountains (comes in the stamp set) several times so it covers the width of the card. I masked off the snow caps, sky, and grass areas and used Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans to color the mountains. 

Next, I masked the mountains, then used the Cloud Stencil Builder from Stamp Anniething and Distress Oxide in Stormy Sky to create the clouds. 

Next, I masked the mountains and clouds and used Distress Oxides in Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover to create the grass. I sprinkled some water, and blotted with a clean paper towel to create the white spots to add some texture. To finish, I used a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to add some glitter to the mountain tops. 


Next I arranged all the stamps onto the card front, staggering them so they would all fit. The stamps in the back are adhered using liquid glue and the ones in the front are adhered using double-sided foam tape. I also used foam tape for the sentiment. To finish, I adhered all the card front to the black cardstock mat then onto the card front. 


This is such a fabulous set of stamps. There are many more stamps in this set I have yet to use. A peek above shows the nun and poinsettia stamps that I will use in a future project. 

Thank you for stopping by today. Have a creative week! 


2 comments:

  1. So adorable. I love your Von Trap Family. Your shading in there hair is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work cartão de todos tabela de preços

    ReplyDelete