Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps New Release: Future Family

Does this little boy and his dog look familiar?! Scrappy Boy Stamps has released the Jetsons-inspired stamp set called Future Family. What an amazing set that includes 9 image stamps and 13 sentiment/word stamps that you can combine to create your own sentiments! This set will be available on Thursday, August 19 at the Scrappy Boy Stamps store.

Jetsons was and still is one of my favorite cartoons, so I fell in love with this set as soon as I saw it. Today's card showcases the little boy Elroy and his dog Astro. In the cartoon, you often see them inside a flying car, so I thought it would be cute to put them in the car and into outer space. 


To make this A2 card, I first stamped the images and used the coordinating outline dies to cut them out. I then colored them with Copic markers. On the flying car, I used a craft knife to cut out the window and adhered acetate to the back and then adhered the boy and dog, all with double sided tape.


Copic Markers Used
Boy (Elroy)
Skin: E13, E11, E21, E00, E000
Hair: E39, YR24, YR23, YR20
Orange: YR09, YR07, YR02
Green: YG67, YG25, YG13

Dog (Astro)
Fur: W6, W4, W2, W1
Nose: W8, W4, W2
White: W4, W2, W1
Green: YG67, YG25, YG13
Red: R22, R21

Flying car 
Green: G28, G09, G05, G02, G00
Gray: T5, T3, T1
White: T3, T1, T0

I created the galaxy background by combining seven colors of Distress Inks onto watercolor paper. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Seedless Prserves, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot. After adding all the layers of ink, I spritzed it with water and blotted it with a paper towel. Then I used acrylic paints in white and real gold to splatter on the "stars."

I used a 1-3/8" circle punch to punch out the moon using watercolor paper. I used Oxide Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, and Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke to color the moon.


I used a Versamark Watermark stamp pad to stamp the sentiment on black cardstock and used white embossing powder and heat embossed to create the sentiment. I then matted it on white cardstock. 

I adhered all the images onto the card front with double sided foam tape, mounted the card front onto black cardstock, and then onto the A2 card base and the card was done. 

I hope you give this card a try. The stamps are so cute and fun to play with! 




Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a creative week!







2 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! I loved the Jestons as a kid, also! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories I love it. It’s Elroy and Astro! So adorable you nailed it with the layering of your colors.

    ReplyDelete