Friday, October 29, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps New Release: The Flying Monkies!

Scrappy Boy Stamps released two new stamp sets, inspired by The Wizard of Oz, called The Land of Oz and Witches & Wizards yesterday. Such fun and amazing sets that you can make cards, scrapbook pages, decorations, treat boxes, etc. for any occasion. Along with stamps and dies, he has come out with a 6x6 coordinating paper pack! The paper pack was not available to me when I made my cards, but I will sure use them for future cards!

Today's card features the wicked witch and her flying monkies. Yes, we know monkies is normally spelled monkeys, but in the Land of Oz, we spell it monkies, LOL!
 

I first stamped the images, cut them out with the coordinating outline die, the colored them with Copic Markers. 


Copic markers used:
Wicked Witch
Skin: G28, G46, G24, G21, G40
Hair: E49, E47, E35, E55, E42
Purple: V17, V15, V12
Black: C9, C7, C5, C3
Broom: YR24, YR21, YR20, E47, E35, E31

Monkey
Gray: W6, W4, W3, W2
Blue: B02, B01, B00, B000
Yellow: YR24, Y19, Y15
Red: R37, R22, R21


For the background, I wanted to create a big moon. I drew a circle on masking paper using the inside of my roll of foam tape and cut it out. I placed the masking paper in the middle of the card front and then ink blended in the sky using Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot. To create the stars, I diluted vanilla colored acrylic paint and splattered it on with a paint brush. After it dried, I peeled off the circle mask and ink blended the moon with Distress Oxide inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey. 

I adhered the monkies with liquid glue and the witch with double-sided foam tape. To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment, trimmed it and added a black mat. I added five Stamp Anniething jelly dots and the card was finished.


Thank you for stopping by! Hope you have a creative week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment