Sunday, March 20, 2022

Scrappy Boy Stamps New Release: Arabian Nights - You've Been Granted Three Birthday Wishes!

Have you seen the amazing new release from Scrappy Boy Stamps called Arabian Nights? I am really loving this set of stamps, along with the two coordinating stencils (Arabian Nights Background Stencil and Magic Lamp Stencil), and two paper packs (Arabian Nights and Moroccan Vibes)! Today's card features the genie and the villain. 

To make this A6 card, I first stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, and then cut them out using the coordinated outline dies.

Copic markers used:
Genie
Blue: B26, B24, B23, B21
Hair: C9, C7, C5, C3
Gold: E23, Y38, Y35
Red: R29, R24, R22

Villian
Skin: E17, E13, E11, E21, E00
Eyebrow: T7, T5, T3
Gold: E23, Y38, Y35
Snake eyes: R24
Purple: V17, V15, V12
Parrot: E23, Y38, Y35, R29, R24, R22, B24, B23, B21


The background consists of patterned papers from the Arabian Nights paper pack and a cutout of the palace from the Magic Lamp Stencil. To create the palace cutout, I inked the stencil using Distress Ink in black soot on white cardstock, then fussy cut it out. 


I created the gold stenciled piece using the Arabian Nights Stencil using gold embossing powder then cut it out using one of the Scrappy Boys A2 Stitched Scalloped Edge Dies (will be available soon!). I used this same die to trim the edge of the purple patterned paper to make it look like the villain is standing on a rug. All the papers are adhered using liquid glue except for the villain where I used double sided adhesive foam tape. 

To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment, trimmed it, inked the edges with Distress Ink in black soot, and adhered it with liquid glue. 


I hope you are loving this new release as much as I am! So fun and easy to make cards for my stash! Thank you for stopping by and have a very creative day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment