Monday, March 21, 2022

Stamp Anniething & SVG Cutting Files: Princess Pull-out Birthday Card

It's been a long time since I've used my Silhouette Cameo, so I dusted it off and used a cutting file from Stamp Anniething's sister company, SVG Cutting Files and cut out this fabulous Castle Slider Card with Opening Door. Oh how I miss paper piecing and putting cards together! I then colored this cute princess, Giselle - For a Princess, stamp and added her to my card. 


For the Castle Slider Card, I cut out the main body of the castle using the heart patterned paper from the Bake Shop Paper Pack. The rest of the pieces are cut out from blue cardstock I had in my stash. I used the Brick stencil from the Level Up Grab and Go Box and Distress Ink in Black Soot to add a brick pattern to the pocket front. For all the other pieces, I added some sparkle with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. I glued all the pieces of the castle together, except for the pocket front, with liquid glue.


The background piece is cut out using the Scalloped Edge Card Mat Die. I added some clouds using the Clouds Stencil and Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass. I inked the bottom with Distress Oxide in Mowed Lawn to make the grass (you can see the grass when the castle is pulled out and the castle door is open).


I adhered the castle pocket front to the background making sure the liquid glue does not ooze out of the edges. Let the glue dry then insert the slider card to make sure it slides in and out easily. 

Stamp the sentiments, trim, and adhere to the castle. I adhered the entire card front onto an A2 top folding white cardstock.

Next, I stamped the image, colored it with Copic markers, then fussy cut her out. 

Copic markers used:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Tongue: R22, R21
Hair: E37, E55, E53, E51, Y32 plus Prismacolor pencil PC944
Yellow: YR27, YR24, YR21, YR20
Blue: B18, B16, B14, B12


I added some "sparkle" to her dress using a white gel pen. I adhered the colored stamp with double-sided foam tape and the card was finished. 



Thank you for stopping by! I hope you give this card a try. It's so fun! Have a wonderful and crafty day!


No comments:

Post a Comment