Sunday, May 29, 2022

Scrappy Boy Stamps: Reach for the Stars! and My Blood Type is COFFEE

I hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day weekend! Here in the United States, we are honoring and mourning the military personnel who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. It's a day that I honor my late Grandpa who served in the Navy during WWII and my Uncle who served in the Army during the Vietnam War.

Today I am sharing two cards from Scrappy Boy Stamps' May new releases. These stamp sets have been so fun to play with! I just love them! The first one I made are stamps from the Hello Friends set and the second one are stamps from the Cute Girls - Coffee set. 



Card 1: Reach for the Stars!


I first stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, then cut them out with the coordinating outline dies.

Copic markers used:
Penguin Girl:
Skin: RV42, E11, E21, E00
Cheeks: RV42
Mouth: RV42, R22, R20
Hair: E79, E74, E71
Yellow: Y38, Y35, Y32
Blue: B97, B95, B93, B91
Red: R29, R24, R22


The background is created by using the Hello Everyone stencil and inking it with Oxide Ink in Stormy Sky. I masked off the top and bottom of the card to avoid stenciling those areas. I used a blending brush to add a little ink onto to the top and bottom of the card. I then matted it with black cardstock and adhered it to a top-folding A2 white card base.


I adhered the stars on the top left corner with double-sided adhesive foam tape and the penguin girl stamp to the bottom right corner. I then stamped the sentiment, trimmed it, and added the black cardstock mat and the card was finished! 

Card 2: My Blood Type is COFFEE


I first stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, then cut them out with the coordinating outline dies. Just to note that there are also a stencil and a paper pack available called I Love Coffee available, however, it was not available at the time I made this card.

Copic markers used:
Skin: RV34, E11, E21, E00
Cheeks: RV34
Hair: E59, E57, E55
Blue: B16, B14, B12
Brown: E29, E25, E23
White: T3, T1, 0
Pink: RV17, RV14, RV13


I printed the coffee patterned digital paper I got from Freepik then used the Scrappy Boy Scalloped Edge Die to cut it out. I adhered this to a top folding A2 white card base. I used an stitched oval die to cut out a piece of white cardstock, then inked it with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to put behind the Coffee Girl. 

I then stamped the sentiment, trimmed it, and added it to the card front and the card was finished! 

I hope you give these two cute and simple cards a try! Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment