Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Stamp Anniething & Artesprix Collaboration Project: Colorful Mandala Canvas Case

I have another project to share from the Stamp Anniething and Artesprix Collaboration. This time I used the mandala stencil from Stamp Anniething's June Stencil Club and Artesprix Iron-on-Ink Sublimation Stamp ink pads to make this colorful canvas zipper case. It's really a fun and easy process to make these cases. The hardest part for me was to come up with a colorful color combination to use!


The first step is to create a pencil outline of the canvas case on copy paper. I used a t-ruler so my lines would be straight. I did this step twice since I wanted to create a design on both sides of the case.


I used masking tape to adhere the stencil onto the copy paper at the top left corner. I masked the edges so that I don't accidentally ink outside the stencil. I decided on the three colors I would be using: 1) Yellow, 2) Orange, and 3) Purple.


I started inking the center of the mandala with yellow ink, then the orange, and then the purple. I carefully removed the stencil and placed it on the bottom right corner then inked it in the same order. I set this aside.




For the flip side of the case, I put the stencil in the middle of the paper and masked the edges then inked it with the same three colors. 


At this point, I set my heat press to 400 degrees and 45 seconds. This took a few minutes for my heat press to get to 400 degrees.

I used the Artesprix Heat Tape and taped the image onto the case. I made sure the image was just below the zipper since the zipper will be on the outside of the heat press. I created the "sandwich" using the Artesprix Protective Paper. This paper goes on the top and bottom. 


I put this "sandwich" in my heat press with the zipper hanging outside and let it press for 45 seconds. 


I opened the heat press to check to make sure the ink transferred then let it cool a little before removing the papers. The colors are bright and beautiful! 

I hope you give this project and try! This makes a great gift. I plan on making a few more! 



Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment