Sunday, April 30, 2023

Scrappy Boy Stamps: I Can't Get Enough of April's New Release!

I just can't enough of Scrappy Boy Stamps' April 2023 release! This release is just filled with 18th century-inspired stamps, book lovers-inspired stamps, awesome paper packs, and amazing stencil sets! I have two cards to share, one using the "Make an Impression" set and one with "Cute Girls Book Lovers." 

Make an Impression Card: True love lasts forever!


The Make an Impression stamp set was inspired by Jane Austen's 18th century novels. This set consists of 6 character, 2 fan, and 7 sentiment stamps. This versatile set is perfect for cards, scrapbooking, and Memory Dex Cards. 


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers in the following colors:

Man:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Hair: E39, YR27, YR24, Y32
Cheeks: E93
Brown: E47, E44,E43,E40

Woman:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Hair: E39, E37, E33, E31
Cheeks: E95
Pink: R85, R83, R81
Green: YG63, YG61, YG03
Brown: E35, E33


I first layered pink cardstock on top of the top folding A2 card base. I then layered patterned paper from the Make an Impression Paper Pack on top. Next, I added a strip of patterned paper at the bottom to create the look of carpet. Then added a 2" strip of patterned paper for the chair rail look.

I used the Tutti Designs Oriental Fan die and cut it out using patterned paper from the Make an Impression Paper Pack and adhered it flat onto the card. I adhered the two colored stamps onto the card using double-sided adhesive foam tape. 

I stamped the sentiment on pink cardstock and used a Banner Die from Stamp Anniething to cut it out. I cut out a blue mat for it as well. To finish the card, I added a few enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.



Cute Girls Book Lovers Card: Reading is an adventure that never ends!


This month's Cute Girls set, "Cute Girls Book Lovers," consists of 6 image stamps and 8 sentiments. It is becoming one of my favorite Cute Girls line of stamps! Also, there is matching patterned papers and an awesome two-piece layered stencil.


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers in the following colors:

Mom:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: E93
Mouth: R20
Hair: E59, E57,E34,E53
Purple: V28, V25, V22

Girl:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: E93
Mouth: R20
Hair: E59, E57,E34,E53
Pink: R85, R83, R81

Boy:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: E93
Mouth: R20
Hair: E59, E57,E34,E53
Blue: B37, B34, B32

Books:
Brown: E47, E44, E43
Gray: N3, N1
Purple: V28, V25, V22
Pink: R85, R83, R81
Blue: B37, B34, B32


I first cut a black mat 1/4" smaller on each edge for my top folding A2 card. I adhered this onto the card base.

I created the bookshelf and books using the new Scrappy Boy Stencil called I Love Reading Layered Bookshelf Stencil. I used Distress Color Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry, and Ground Espresso and inked the stencil onto tan colored cardstock. To create the multi-colored books, I had to mask off areas to avoid inking them. 

I added a couple of potted plants I created using dies from Stamp Anniething. I then adhered this panel onto the black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment and adhered this and the colored stamps onto the card front using double-sided foam adhesive.


Thank you for stopping by today. Such a fun set of stamps, stencils, and papers this month! Have a creative day! 







No comments:

Post a Comment