Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Scrappy Boy Stamps : May Sneak Peeks!

Welcome to Scrappy Boy Stamps May 2023 sneak peeks! The design team has lots of projects to share as this release is full of fun and cute stamps, stencils, dies, and die cuts!

This month, Scrappy Boy Stamps' new release consists of two stamp sets with a pirate theme: 1) A Pirate's Life and 2) Shiver Me Timbers. Each set has six image stamps and a host of sentiments. Coordinating with these stamp sets are a Pirate Ship Die Set, a the Pirate's Life Stencil, the Pirates Paper Pack, and coordinating outline dies.

This month's Cute Girls is called Cute Girls Summer. It consists of five images and many sentiments. Coordinating with this stamp set are the I Love Summer Background Stencil, the I Love Summer Paper Pack, and coordinating outline dies. 

Wait! There's more! Scrappy Boy Stamps is releasing his first Treat Box Die! It's not just for treats, it can be used for small gifts, such as jewelry. 

I have three projects to share using the new release. The entire release will be available in the Scrappy Boy Stamps webstore on Friday, May 19, 2023.

Project 1: ARRRR...Another Birthday

This A2 card was created with the stamps and sentiment from both the A Pirate's Life and Shiver Me Timbers stamp sets and the Pirate Ship Die Set. The card background was created using the Distress Ink smooshing technique. 


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers in the following colors:

Pirate
Skin: BV23, E15, E13, E11
Cheeks: R83, R81
Hair: E29, E25, E21
Red: R29, R24, R22, R20
Silver: N7, N3, N1
Brown: E25, E23, E21
Dark Gray: W7, W5, W3, W1
White: N3, N1, 0
Black: C9, C7, C5, C3

Skull & Swords
Silver: C5, C3, C1
Brown: E79, E74, E71

Rum Bottle
Brown: E79, E74, E71




To create the AWESOME pirate ship, I first swiped my Vintage Photo Distress Ink cube onto 3x6 chipboard and cut out the body and masts of the ship. I then swiped Tea Dye Distress Ink onto a piece of scrap chipboard and cut out the railing and window frames of the ship. I cut the sails out of white cardstock and inked the edges with Hickory Smoke. I also inked the anchor in Hickory Smoke. I cut out the windows again out of cardstock I colored with Copic Y04 and inserted the windows into the frames. The left over chipboard are hand cut into rocks for the pirate to stand on. 


To create the background and the waves, I used Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch and did the smooshing technique on a piece of 6x8 Bristol cardstock. If you are not familiar with smooshing, I have instructions on a previous blog post here: Smooshing. After smooshing, I used the waves dies to cut the waves and then the rest was trimmed for the background.

I adhered all the pieces to the card front using liquid glue, except for the pirate, skull, and sentiment where I used double-sided adhesive foam tape.


Project 2: Sending you Sunshine

This bright and beautiful A2 card was created using two of the stamps and patterned papers from Cute Girls Summer and the flowers were hand cut from the Three Hour Tour paper pack. A fun and happy card for any occasion!


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers in the following colors:

Cute Girl
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00
Cheeks: R20
Hair: E33, E35, E31
Red (Flamingo): R08, R05, R21, R02
Black: 100, C7, C5
White: C3, C1, 0
Green: YG17, Y03
Blue-green (Water): BG49, BG34, BG32, BG10

Sun
Yellow: Y20, Y13, Y11, Y00
Pink (Tongue): R22, R20
Pink (Cheeks): R20, R000


To create the swimming pool, I used a pool die and stencil from Sonoran Desert Crafts from their Pool Party set. I used Distress Ink in Salvaged Patina and stenciled blue-green cardstock to match the background patterned paper. I cut out the hibiscus flowers from the Three Hour Tour paper pack. So easy to create your own die cuts! 


I used the Stitched Rectangular Dies to cut out a hot pink cardstock mat and then used the smaller nesting die to cut out the background. I adhered all the pieces using liquid glue except for the Cute Girl and Sun images, where I used double-sided adhesive foam tape. I finished the card with a few enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.


Project 3: Treat Boxes

I created two boxes using the new Treat Box Die, paper packs, and stamps from the new releases that can be used for sweet treats or little gifts. The die comes with two word dies, Hugs and Sweet. 


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers in the following colors:

Mermaid (A Pirate's Life)
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Lips: R22, R20
Hair: E29, E25, E23, E21, RV21
Mermaid Tail: BG18, BG13, BG11, RV21
Rocks: W6, W4, W3, W1

Cute Girl
Skin: E33, E11, YR21, E21, E30
Hair: C9, C7, C5, B01
Green: G17, YG17, YG03, YG01
Red: R29, R24, R22, R20
Blue: B97, B95, B93, B91
Yellow: YR23, YR21, YR00
Gray: N3, N1

The die is cut twice and one box can be created using one sheet of 6x6 patterned paper. All the score lines are included and all I needed to do was adhere the sides and bottom together with strong adhesive. I used tear tape (ScorTape) and it held together perfectly. You can use liquid glue as well, but just make sure it's dry before folding the box together. Adhere the stamps onto the box. Decorate the box with patterned papers, bows, and enamel dots! 

Such a fun release of stamps, stencils, and dies this month!! Hope you love this release as much as I do! Wait until you see all the projects from my fellow design team members. They all do such creative and amazing projects!

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day! 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Betty! I was looking for inspiration for A Pirate's Life and found your beautiful card! Thank you for sharing and also your list of colors!

    ReplyDelete