Sunday, July 30, 2023

Scrappy Boy Stamps: The Greatest Show & Plant Lovers

It's been over 20 years since I've attended a circus, but I remember how fun it was to watch the trapeze artists. When I saw this beautiful Scrappy Boy Stamps trapeze artist stamp from The Greatest Show, I wanted to showcase her in a bright and glittery scene. For my second card, I created two bookmarks that can also be used as large tags using the Cute Girls Plant Lovers stamps. So fun to make and give away!

Please scroll down to see both cards.

Card 1: The Greatest Show


Scrappy Boy Products used:
  • The Greatest Show stamp and outline die
  • Sunburst Background Stencil
  • Stitched Oval Dies (new for August!)
  • Steampunk Fairies Paper Pack

I stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, and cut them out with the coordinating outline dies. I used the following Copic marker colors:

Skin: E13, E11, E21,E00
Hair: RV17, RV14, RV13, RV11
Purple: V17, V15, V12, V000
Pink: RV17, RV14, RV13


For this A6 card, I first used lavender cardstock to mat the card. Then I layers the patterned paper from Steampunk Fairies Paper Pack on top. 

I cut out Bristol cardstock with the new Stitched Oval Die (this is a sneak peek for August release!). I first inked it with Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Chipped Sapphire, and Aged Mahogany. I then used the Sunburst Background Stencil and inked it with White Pigment Ink from Stampin' Up. While the ink was still wet, I added pink glitter (Recollections Bubble Gum) and rubbed it in with my fingers. I used a brush and gently brushed off the excess glitter. To seal the glitter, I sprayed a thin layer of matte Krylon Clear Acrylic Coating. I adhered this to the card front.

Since the trapeze rope was a little short, I created an extension by drawing a black line and cutting it out to match the stamp. I adhered the image onto the sunburst using double-sided adhesive foam tape. I stamped the sentiments, matted them with the lavender cardstock and adhered them with the double-sided adhesive foam tape and the card was finished.

Card 2: Plant Lovers Bookmarks


Scrappy Boy products used:
  • Plant Lovers stamps and outline dies
  • I Love Plants Paper Pack
  • I Love Plants Layered Stencil
  • Bookmark and Topper Dies (new for August!)
  • Stitched Circle Dies (new for August!)
  • Stitched Rectangle Dies

I stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, and cut them out with the coordinating outline dies. I used the following Copic marker colors:

Bookmark 1
Skin: E04, E11, E21,E00, E000
Cheeks: E93
Hair: E39, E37, E35, E31
Blue: B97,B95,B93, B91
Green: YG97, YG95, YG93
Yellow: YR27, Y38, Y17


Bookmark 2
Girl 1
Skin: E25, E23, E13, E11
Hair: C9, C7, C5, B12
Purse: B97, B95, B93, B91
Pants: N7, N5,N3
Red: R39, R46, R43
Plant pot: BG78, BG75, BG72
Leaves: G28, G09, G14, YG05

Girl 2
Skin: E25, E23, E13, E11
Cheeks: E95
Tongue: R22
Hair: BV29, BV25, BV13, BV23
Blue: B95, B93, B91
Orange: YR18, YR16, YR14
Hedge shears: N5, N3, N1
Tree:G28, G09, G14, YG03
Brown: E25, E23, E21


You are getting an early sneak peek on the new Bookmark & Topper Dies and the Stitched Circle Dies! Using dies to make these bookmarks are so easy peasy! I used a combination of plain cardstock and patterned papers. The bookmark on the left was created using the I Love Plants Layers Stencil and Distress Inks in Rusty Hinge, Lucky Clover, and Mowed Lawn.

I stamped the sentiments and used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut them out. I punched a hole and tied it to the bookmark with twine. I added ribbon to the bookmark as well. These bookmarks can also be used as tags and they also make great gifts!

I hope you've gotten these new releases so you can have as much fun with them as I did!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a creative day!



No comments:

Post a Comment