Sunday, December 31, 2023

My First Woodblock Wednesday Challenge

I have found a monthly challenge where you use woodblock stamps as the main focus for a card. This challenge is run by Amy Tsuruta of Tsuruta Designs. Her Instagram is @craftee1. I thought this would be a great challenge for me to use some of my older woodblock stamps that have been sitting and being neglected in my storage bins! 

Amy also runs the fun Facebook group called Coffee Loving Papercrafters. This group is all about coffee, tea, and cocoa cards and papercrafting! I thought making this coffee card with a woodblock stamp would kill two birds with one stone!

The stamp I used is an older one from Stampendous called Beaucope de Cafe. It's quite a large stamp that measures 6"W x 1.5"H so I decided it was perfect for a mini-slimline card. I stamped this directly onto the card base then colored it with Copic markers. 


I could not find a stamp with the perfect sentiment, so I found this quote online by Henry Rollins and printed it out.



The rules for this challenge are quite simple. I believe I've met each criteria:
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a creative day!


3 comments:

  1. YAY Betty! I love seeing you in the gallery and yay for a caffeinated design! I love it!
    Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS stamps!! Love the added quote!
    Thanks for joining us where I'm guesting at Woodblock Wednesday - thanks for also showing the love of wood block stamps! ----Really hope to see you join us again!!!
    HUGS -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete