Tuesday, September 17, 2024

La-La Land Crafts: Forever Chasing Sunsets

I sure have been having fun creating bright bold colored cards with this month’s La-La Land Crafts September 2024 Kit of the Month (KOTM). I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s and loved tie dye, bell bottoms, macrame, and flower power! So when I saw this KOTM, I was a happy camper! I used the beautiful Peace Sign Marci and the Macrame Die from this month’s KOTM for this bright and beautiful card.


Additional products:




Supplies used:
  • A6 white card base
  • Yellow cardstock for mat
  • Black cardstock for mat
  • Bristol cardstock for distress ink tie dye background
  • White cardstock scraps for die cutting
  • Distress Inks: Macrame Wall Hanging: Picked raspberry, mowed lawn, wilted violet, gathered twigs
  • Distress Inks: Tie Dye Background: Mermaid lagoon, mowed lawn, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, festive berries, seedless preserves
  • Rhinestones (yellow, red, purple, green)
  • White gel pen


Copic markers:
Marci
  • Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
  • Cheeks: R20
  • Lips: RV14, RV11
  • Eyes: YG17, YG13, YG03
  • Hair: E39, YR24, YR23, Y00
  • Pink: RV19, RV14, RV13, RV11
  • Green: YG17, YG13, YG03
  • Yellow: YR27, YR23,YR21
  • Purple: V17, V15, V12
Daisies
  • Pink: RV17, RV13, RV11
  • Yellow: Y17, Y11
  • Green: G07, YG23


Notes:
  • To create the tie dye background, I used a blending brush to apply the ink beginning with Mermaid Lagoon onto the far right of the paper. Then I applied the rest of the ink in the order listed above in half circles around the previous color. After all the colors are applied, I used a water spray bottle to spritz a light coating of water to let the colors blend together. I used a heat gun to dry the ink.
  • To create the peace signs on Marci’s clothes, I used a circle template I had on an old metal ruler. You can use a small hole punch to create a template as well.
  • After inking the hanging macrame, I added a few rhinestones to make them look like beads. If you don’t have rhinestones, use beads or sequins.




Thank you for stopping by. I hope you give this card a try. It’s easy and fun to create! Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment