Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Stamp Anniething - Sophia-Viva La Vida

I made this card for my best friend Silvia who celebrates Dia de los Muertos, The Day of the Dead. It is a Mexican holiday that I didn't know much about until I watched the Pixar-Disney film, "Coco." Dia de los Muertos is a holiday where families welcome back the souls of their ancestors for a short celebration that include music, food, and drink. Silvia sets up an altar in her home with pictures of her family that have passed and decorates it with bright and beautiful sugar skulls and festive decorations. I hope she'll add this card to the altar! This year, Dia de los Muertos begins on October 31 and ends on November 2.

For this 6 x 6 card, I used the Sophia-Viva La Vida stamp from Stamp Anniething and colored it with Copic markers. I cut out three skulls using the Stamp Anniething Mini Skulls Outline die and drew the flowers on the skull to make them look like sugar skulls and colored them with Copic markers. I cut out a doily using a die from Gina Marie and added some Distress Ink. I found the cute sugar skull patterned paper from Freepik. The Viva la Vida (Long Live Life) sentiment comes with the stamp. I cut it using a Stamp Anniething banner die and added Distress Ink. I added an eyelet and attached ribbon and a charm from my stash. Copic and Distress Ink colors are listed below.

Thank you for stopping by! 


Copic markers used:

Hair: C9, C7, C5, C3, B02
Face: C3, C1
Skin: E15, E13, E11, E00
Pink: RV17, RV55, RV52
Blue Green: BF57, BG13, BG11
Violet: V17, V15, V12
Yellow: Y35, Y02

Distress Ink used:

Old Paper

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! This card is adorable all detail is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete