Monday, January 25, 2021

Rachelle Anne Miller: Owl Be Your Friend Valentine's Day Card

Owls are symbols of wisdom, knowledge, protection, change, and transformation.  Owls are very common where I live (Northern California). Behind my house is a nursing facility where there are many palm and redwood trees. The owls like to nest in these trees so I hear and see them quite often. The baby owls are quite cute, just like these two from Rachelle Anne Miller's digital stamp called Owl Be Your Friend. Aren't they just adorable and perfect for a Valentine's Day card?

There is still time to enter the monthly challenge over at the Rachelle Anne Miller Digital Stamps fan page. All entries must be submitted by January 28. Join us and you may win a free stamp! Click here for all the details: Monthly Challenge.


The digital stamp is colored with Copic markers (colors listed below). I printed the sentiment from my computer. I used pattern papers from Crate Paper. I've had them in my stash for quite awhile.


Copic Markers Used:
Owl-Dark Brown: E37, E35, E34, E31
Owl-Light Brown: E42, E41, E40
Branch: E47, E44, E43
Leaves: YG97, YG17, YG13
Pink: RV14, RV13, RV11


I used a circle die from Stamp Anniething to cut out the owls and used the frame die to cut the white glitter paper for the circle frame. I used heart dies from Cricut and branch dies from Gina Marie Designs to embellish the card. I added a few pink enamel dots to finish the card.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you give this card a try! It doesn't have to be just for Valentine's Day. This is a versatile stamp and can be used for many occasions. Have a wonderful day! 



2 comments: