Thursday, February 11, 2021

Stamp Anniething: Betty - Good Luck Stamp

I am so EXCITED to share a new stamp called "Betty - Good Luck" made by Stamp Anniething. I was beside myself when the folks at Stamp Anniething offered the design team a chibi doll of their own. The owner and designer, Ann Preziosi Kelly, said that all we had to do was pick out the outfit and a sentiment. I decided she needed to be wearing a traditional Chinese dress, called a cheongsam, and carrying a fan. The two sentiments that come with this digital stamp set are "good luck" and "gung hay fat choy," which is Happy Chinese New. I decided to use the gung hay fat choy sentiment since tomorrow is Chinese New Year!

If you would like to see a video on how I colored and made this card, please join the StamSilver Elephant Craftiquep Anniething Stampers Facebook Group (fan club). The pre-recorded video will air today, at 4:00 PM PST and I will be online to answer any questions!

Update:  Here is the link to the video. It is now on YouTube



I colored the stamp using Copic markers (colors listed below) then fussy cut her out.

I cut the A2 card base at 4-1/4"W x 11"H and scored it at 5-1/2" and folded it for a top folding card. I matted the card with red cardstock and a layer of black cardstock that I ran through an embossing folder. The embossing folder is by Cuttlebug.

I used the Stamp Anniething circle frame die from Shaker Basics Set #1 to cut out both the washi paper circle and gold cardstock frame. I cut two gold strips using the scraps I had left over from cutting the circle. 

I cut the sentiment with one of the dies from the Stamp Anniething Banner Dies set and ink blended the edges with distress ink in barn door (you can use any brand and any shade of red).

After adhering everything, I added red and white Nuvo Drops onto the card. 


Copic Markers Used:
Skin: RV34, E13, E02, E01, E00
Cheeks: R21
Hair: T9, T7, T5, T3
Red: R59, R37, R24, R32
Glasses: B00, white gel pen


Thank you Annie and Kevin (Marketing Director) for making me a chibi doll. It's truly a dream come true! It's been such a fun experience and I just LOVE this stamp!!! 

Thank you for stopping by today and GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!  I hope you have a wonderful and creative week!

1 comment: