Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Stamp Anniething New Release (Day 1): Daniel - Always on Board

Hello and welcome to Day 1 of 3 of Stamp Anniething's March FUN new releases!! The theme of the month is Games.

I grew up playing a lot of board games since there were no electronic games back then. I still enjoy playing board games whenever I get the chance. Checkers was and is still one of my favorite board games to play. Today I am sharing a shaker card I made using the new release called, Daniel - Always on Board. This is a 6" x 6" top folding card that is great for any happy occasion by changing the sentiment. I made a thank you card, but it's also perfect for birthdays, congratulations, friendship, hello, and more!

Note: Links to all products will be provided on Friday, March 5, when they are released in the store.


I first stamped the image and cut it out using the coordinating outline die. I colored this stamp with Copic markers (colors listed below).


Copic Markers Used:
Skin: BV23, E35, E33, E21
Cheeks and tongue: R32, R20
Hair: E42, E44, E47, E49, C9
Blue: B99, B37, B34, B93
White gel pen for highlights in the eyes
Checker Board: E47, E44, E42 (Brown); T2, T0, Blender (White)
Checkers: R59, R37, R32, R24 (Red); T9, T5, T1 (Black)

For the card, I first made the shaker using the tag shaped die from Stamp Anniething's Shaker Basics Set #2I used the Superstar stencil and the Clear Skies Hybrid ink to create the back of the shakerI used the Slim Line Polka Dots die to cut out the red and black "checkers" for the shaker. I also added red and silver sequins from my stash. I used the tag shaped die to cut a hole in the craft foam to insert the shaker so that it lays flush on the card front. 

I then die cut the word "fun" from the new release and stamped and cut out the sentiment using a paper trimmer. I created red and black checker die cuts using my Silhouette Studio software.

The patterned paper is from the Summer Tropics paper pad and will be available in the store this Friday along with the new release products. Take a look at all the pretty paper pads available. If you haven't noticed, I am a patterned paper lover!

I adhered all the layers together using liquid glue and used a glitter pen to add glitter to the checkers and checker board.


Thank you for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow for Day 2 of the FUN new releases. Have a creative day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment