Friday, June 11, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps: Enjoy the Sun

Scrappy Boy Stamps' June release, called Summer with my Gnomies, has the cutest summer gnome set with many stamps to create different beach and outdoor scenes. I love that this set can be used for any occasion by just changing the sentiment or you can keep it generic and use it as a note card.


To make this A6 size card, I first stamped the images and colored them with Copic markers. I fussy cut them since the dies were not available yet. They are available now in the store. I used the Palm Tree dies from Stamp Anniething to create the palm trees and used Copic markers to color them.



Copic markers used:
Male gnome
Hair: T7, T5, T3, T0
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Red: R59, R29, R35, R24, R22
Blue: B97, B95, B93

Female gnome
Hair: V17, V15, V13
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Green: YG17, YG13, YG11
Yellow: YR27, Y38, Y35, Y32

Mushroom Sand Castle: Distress inks Vintage Photo & Black Soot; plus Copics E35, E34, E33, E31
Pier: E39, E35, E51
Seagull: T3, T1, T0, Y38
Palm Trees: E37, E35, E34, G28, G17, G05, G14

To make the background, I masked off the sun area with masking tape and used a blender brush to apply the Distress inks in Salvage Patina and Tumbled Glass to make the water. I then removed the masking tape and inked the sky with Distress inks Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey . You can use the same piece of masking tape to mask the water so you don't apply the yellow ink on it.


I cut out the sand using the Squiggly Mat die from Stamp Anniething and inked it with Distress ink in Vintage Photo.

I glued all the stamps down with liquid glue except for the sentiment and the two gnomes. I used foam squares to pop up these stamps.


This is such a fun set of stamps to color. I love all the stamps and sentiments. You can make lots of cards with this set.  

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week! 

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed how much depth you have given to your card. It’s perfect. I love the colors and how well you balanced them. Great shading on the elf’s.

    ReplyDelete