Friday, December 17, 2021

Blank Page Muse/I Brake For Stamps: Elephant and Gel Printing Plate Background Card

I was so excited this summer when I got a gel printing plate (Gelli Arts Printing Plate) for my birthday. I’ve wanted one for a while and when a friend sent me a gift card for Amazon, I decided that is what I wanted to get! It took me a few tries with different mediums before I decided that using Distress Oxide Inks gave me the best results. Using the oxide inks on the gel printing plate produced the perfect background for this amazing stamp called Elephants from Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps. I love all things elephants so I will be keeping this card and displaying it on my shelf. 

You can save 15% on these stamps and all purchases at Blank Page Muse and at I Brake for Stamps by using my special code BPMBetty. 


Supplies:
  • Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps: Elephants
  • White 6" x 6" card base
  • Black cardstock mat: 5-3/4" x 5-3/4"
  • White cardstock mat: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"
  • White glossy cardstock: 5-1/4" x 5-1/4"
  • White and black cardstock for the word Peace: 3" x 3" each
  • Craft Mat
  • Distress Oxide Inks in Rusty Hinge, Spice Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Candied Apple
  • Gel printing plate
  • Water spray bottle
  • Heat gun
  • Paper towels
  • Stamp positioner
  • Black solvent ink/archival ink (I used StazOn)
  • Uppercase alphabet dies (I used Sizzix Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Classic Upper dies)
  • Die cutting machine
  • Your favorite adhesive

Instructions:
  • Place the gel plate on top of the craft mat to protect the work surface.
  • Using the Distress Oxide in Squeezed Lemonade, apply ink directly onto the gel plate using the pad then spritz water on top. The ink will bead up. Place the glossy paper onto the ink and swirl it around. Use a heat gun to dry the ink. Keep the heat gun moving so the paper does not burn. Repeat this step with all the colors of oxide inks listed in the supplies.



  • After the ink is completely dry, use a paper towel and wipe the surface of the glossy paper. This will remove the oxide and bring back the shine to the glossy paper.
  • Using a stamp positioner, stamp the Elephant stamp using solvent/archival ink onto the glossy paper. It may take several times to stamp the entire image so it's best to use a stamp positioner. 
  • Cut out the word Peace out of black and white cardstock using the alphabet dies. To make it easier to line up, adhere the dies to blue painter's tape after aligning them on a ruler. Place it onto the cardstock and run it through a die cut machine. Starting with the white set, add glue to the letters and place it onto the card front then remove the blue tape. Repeat this step with the black set, but offset it a little to make the white set look like a shadow


  • Adhere the black mat to the card base, then the white mat, then the card front and the card is finished.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you give this card a try! Have a wonderful and creative week. 

Looking for more Inspiration? Click the links below!
The Blank Page Muse Shop https://blankpagemuse.com/
I Brake for Stamps Shop https://ibrakeforstamps.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment