Saturday, December 18, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps: Have a Mermazing Day!

Scrappy Boy Stamps released a beautiful Little Mermaid-inspired stamp set for December! This set, called Mermazing, has 11 image stamps with coordinating outline dies and 6 sentiment stamps. There is also a beautiful 6x6 paper pack, called Under the Sea, that is perfect for cardmaking, scrapbooking, and more! Scrappy Boy released his first stencil, called the Under the Sea Scene Builder Stencil. I used this fabulous stencil on my card.


To make the A6 size card, I first stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, then cut them out using the coordinated outline dies. 



Copic Markers Used:
 Mermaid
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Hair: E18, E08, YR18, YR14
Tail: BG49, BG45, BG01

Fish
Yellow: Y19, Y15, Y13
Blue: BG18, BG49, BG45, BG01

Lobster
Orange: YR18, YR09, YR04, YR02
Dots: C5, White gel pen

Seashell
E35, E34, E31, E50

Starfish 
YR18, Y17, Y15

To make the background, I first cut a piece of white cardstock 5-7/8"W x 4-1/4"H. I used the new Under the Sea Scene Builder Stencil and Distress Oxide inks to create the background. 

Distress Oxides used:
Water: Tumbled Glass
Bubbles: Faded Jeans
Seaweed: Lucky Clover
Coral: Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry


For the sentiment, I used a stamping block and stamped it on white cardstock using Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then cut it out using a double-stitched die from Gina Marie Designs. I adhered the sentiment, seashells, and star fishes onto the card front using liquid glue. I adhered the mermaid, lobster, and fish using double-sided adhesive foam squares. I used blue cardstock to mat the card front then adhered it to an A6 white card base and the card was finished.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this card. This is such a cute set of stamps with coordinating stencils and papers. Have a wonderful and creative week! 

2 comments:

  1. vvery lovely mermaid! How did you do the dots on the mermaid tail? With the copics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, the dots on the mermaid tails is done with Copics.

      Delete