Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Scrappy Boy Stamps: Oh Crab... I forgot Your Birthday!

Having a few belated birthday cards in my stash is a must. Although I use a monthly planner, I sometimes am slow in getting my birthday cards out! Today's card features the adorable sea witch stamp from the newly released Mermazing stamp set inspired by my favorite mermaid film. I also used the lobster, seaweed, shell, and starfish stamps from this set. 


This mermaid set has 11 image stamps with coordinating outline dies and 6 sentiment stamps that you can mix and match. There is also a beautiful 6x6 paper pack, called Under the Sea, that is perfect for cardmaking, scrapbooking, and more! Scrappy Boy Stamps debuted his first stencil, called Under the Sea Scene Builder Stencil, in this release.

I first stamped all the images then colored them using Copic markers. I then cut them out using the coordinated outline dies.


Copic Markers Used
Sea Witch
Skin: V28, V25, V22, V20
Hair: W3, W1, C1, E41
Black: C9, C7, C5, C3
Purple: V28, V25, V22, V20

Lobster
Orange: YR18, YR09, YR04, YR02
Dots: C5, White gel pen

Seashell
E35, E34, E31, E50

Starfish 
YR18, Y17, Y15

Seaweed
G28, G17, G14

To create the background, I used a piece of bristol water color paper and used Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, and Black Soot to ink it. Then I splattered some water on it and used a paper towel to dab up the excess. I used a sheet of patterned paper from the newly release Under the Sea paper pack and cut a window using the Squiggle Mat Die from Stamp Anniething. I then adhered the inked background to the back of the patterned paper with liquid glue. 


I adhered all the colored images flat except for the sea witch. I adhered her using double sided adhesive foam squares to pop her up. I stamped the sentiment using Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves, trimmed it, then inked the edges with Distress Ink in Black Soot then adhered it to the card front. I added a seashell and starfish on the sentiment. To finish the card, I added a few sequins.



Thank you for stopping by and I hope you love this stamp set as much as I do! Have a wonderful and creative week! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment