Monday, December 20, 2021

Stamp Anniething: Hey Valentine You Drive Me Wild!

Now that I am finished with my Christmas cards, it's time to start making some Valentines cards. For my design team day at Stamp Anniething, where I get to use stamps and products of choice, I made this Valentine's card using the adorable stamp called, William-You Drive Me Wild! I wanted to show that there are many stamps that aren't particularly Valentine's stamps, but you can still use them for Valentine's theme projects. 



Additional products used are: 

I first stamped the image on white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out using the coordinating outline die.


Copic Markers Used:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Tongue: R22, R20
Hair: E29, E25, E23, E21
Red: R39, R37, R35, R32
White: T5, T3, T1, 0
Silver/Gray: T5, 53, T1

To create the scene for this slimline card, I first cut out all the die pieces. I cut out two sets of the racing flags, and flipped one so that I can cross them on my card. I used a stitched hill die from my stash to cut out the race track out of black cardstock. Since the die is only 6" long, I cut out two pieces and attached them. I used a white gel pen to create the line on the track.

I created the "Hey Valentine" sentiment on my computer and printed it on white cardstock. I then stamped the "you drive me wild!" sentiment and cut out both sentiments using one of the banner dies. 


I then used one sheet of the 6x6 patterned paper and 1-1/2" strips to place behind the race track. Since the paper is only 6x6, I cut out two pieces per side and attached them. I trimmed off the excess to to leave about 1/8" border showing on the card base. 

To finish the card, I die cut a red and white heart from an old Cricuit Cuttlebug die. I hope you give this card a try! It's so fun to make Valentine's cards!


Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great holiday and have fun crafting!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment