Sunday, January 23, 2022

Scrappy Boy Stamps New Release: Burlesque!

This month's new release from Scrappy Boy Stamps is all about burlesque! Check out the two stamp sets, Burlesque Beauties and Curve Appeal; the two stencils, Burlesque Background Stencil and Burlesque Stage Stencil; and the 6x6 and a 4x9 double-sided paper pack, Burlesque, that is now available in the  Scrappy Boy Stamps store. I really loved all the coordinating products of this set. It makes it fun and easy to quickly make cards. Today I made two cards to share using stamps from the Burlesque Beauties set. 


CARD #1
First I stamped the image and colored it with Copic markers. I then cut it out using the coordinating outline die. 


Copic Markers Used:
Skin: E13, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Hair: E37, E35, E34, E31
Pink/Red: RV69, R56, RV95, RV93, RV91; plus silver metallic gel peN
Black: T7, T5, T3
White: T5, T3, T1, 0

This A2 card uses three different patterned papers from the Burlesque paper pack and the Burlesque Background Stencil. To create the stenciled background, I added pink fine glitter and black chunky glitter to transparent texture paste and mixed it together then used the stencil to create the pattern. This gives it a shaker card look, without having to make a shaker! I used a stitched circle die to cut out the circle and matted it with patterned paper cut using a stitched scalloped die.


I cut all the patterned pieces to fit onto an A2 card and matted it with black cardstock. I stamped and trimmed the sentiment and matted it with black cardstock as well. I adhered all the pieces using liquid glue except the scalloped circle mat and hat, where I used double-sided adhesive foam tape.


CARD #2

First I stamped the image and colored it with Copic markers. I then cut it out using the coordinating outline die. 


Copic Markers Used:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00,E000
Cheeks: R20
Lips: R29, R22
Hair: E18, E08, YR18, YR14
Purple: V17, V15, V12; White gel pen
Wine Glass: T3, T2, T1, 0
Olive: YG97, YG95, YG91; Silver metallic gel pen
Bubbles: B00, RV00, YG00, BG000

I created the embossed background for this A2 card, using the Burlesque Background Stencil and embossing powder in Aubergine from Stamp Anniething. I used the Circle Mat Die from Stamp Anniething and white cardstock to cut out the 'bubbles' to put behind the stamp.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment on purple cardstock with white embossing powder then trimmed to and matted it with white cardstock.  I added a purple mat under the stenciled background and under the circle in the middle. I adhered everything with liquid glue except for the girl and sentiment, where I used double-sided adhesive foam tape. 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you give these cards a try! This stamp set is so much fun to create cards, scrapbook pages, decorations, etc. Have a creative day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment