Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Scrappy Boy Stamps Sneak Peek: Dance Like No One is Watching!

It's Day 1 of Sneak Peeks at Scrappy Boy Stamps! This month's two stamp sets are cute and fun burlesque-inspired stamps. The first set is called Burlesque Beauties and the second set is called Curve Appeal. The Burlesque Beauties set comes with 7 images and 11 sentiments that you can mix and match! The Curve Appeal set comes with 5 images and 12 sentiments! So much fun to mix it up with both sets to create some awesome cards, scrapbook pages, journal pages, etc. In addition to the stamp sets, there are two coordinating stencils. One is called Burlesque Background Stencil (this will be shown in a future card) and the other Burlesque Stage Stencil. Plus, there is a gorgeous 6x6 and a 4x9 double sided paper pack called Burlesque. So many fun things to create with!

All new releases will be available in the Scrappy Boy Stamps web store on release day, Friday, January 21, 2022. 


I created a 6x6 card so that I can include three of the burlesque girls. I first stamped all the images and colored them with Copic markers then cut them out with their coordinating outline dies. 


Copic markers used (girls from left to right)
Girl 1
Skin: E37, E35, E33, E53, E51
Hair: E08, E18, YR16, YR14
Cheeks: R83
Lips: R29, R22
Green: YG17, YG13, YG11; plus white gel pen
Pink: RV66, RV55, RV52

Girl 2
Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, E0000
Cheeks: R20
Lips: R29, R22
Pink: R85, R83, RV32, RV91; plus pink glitter gel pen, white gel pen
Shoes: Black Metallic Gel Pen
Swing: T7, T5, T3, T2

Girl 3
Skin: E37, E35, E33, E53, E51
Cheeks: R83
Lips: R85, R83
Pink: RV66, RV55, RV52; plus white gel pen
Gray: C7, C5, C3


To make the background, I first used black cardstock and dotted it with Stickles to create some sparkle. Then I used the Burlesque Stage Stencil and inked it with Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany. I fussy cut the curtains and placed it on the black cardstock (not adhered yet). I then cut out a piece of white cardstock for the stage floor and dragged my Distress Ink in Vintage Photo over it to create a wood grain look. I glued that into place under the curtains and then adhered the curtains. I used a white gel pen to add some more sparkle to the background. I then adhered all the girls. I glued the girl on the swing flat and the other two with double-sided adhesive foam tape.

Lastly, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment then trimmed it and adhered it to the card. I used a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to add glitter onto the clothes of the girls. 


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed today's sneak peek! I will have 2 more cards to share this coming Sunday and next Sunday. See you then and have a crafty day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment