Monday, January 17, 2022

Stamp Anniething: My First MemoryDex Card! Iguana Kiss You!

Today is my Design Team Day where I get to use stamps and products of choice. I made my very first MemoryDex card for my brand new MemoryDex holder! I received the holder from my Stamp Anniething Secret Santa for Christmas. What is a MemoryDex you ask? It's like a Rolodex, but bigger. A standard Rolodex card is 4"W x 2-1/4"H and the MemoryDex card is 4"W x 4"H. Instead of putting names and addresses on the card, you decorate it like a greeting card and then display it in the holder. 


The stamp I used is from the Love Me Love My Pets Grab and Go Box. It doesn't have a name to the stamp, but it is marked, "Pets 2." Since Valentine's Day is approaching, I made a Valentine's MemoryDex card to display.

I first stamped the image, colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out using the coordinating outline die. 

Copic Colors Used:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R21
Tongue: R21, R20
Hair: E49, E47, E44, E43, E41
Blue: B99, B95, B93, B91
Red: R59, R37, R24, R22
Green: YG17, YG07, YG05, YG03
Black: T9, W6

Stamp Anniething Products Used:
-Love Me Love My Pets - Paw Print Heart Edger Die
-Love My Pets Paper Pack
-Love is in the Air Paper Pack
-Edger Dies
-Enamel Dots

I cut a piece of patterned paper 4" x 4-1/4" then used the Edger Dies to create the holes on the bottom and the tab on the top. I used the Paw Print Heart Edger Die to cut out a decorative border using red cardstock that is available in the Grab and Go Box. I also used this die to cut out hearts from different patterned paper and inlaid the hearts. Then I used other patterned papers to decorate the card. I stamped and trimmed the sentiment and added it to the tab. To finish the card, I added a few enamel dots.
I really enjoyed making this MemoryDex card. I'll be making more in the future to add to my holder. Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment