Saturday, April 30, 2022

Paper Nest Dolls: Have a GROOVY Birthday

What is your favorite decade? My favorite is the 70's, because I love the bright color fashions, the music, the disco! Paper Nest Dolls came out with new stamps called Decade Dolls and the first one I had to color is Disco Amara. Of course, I had to make a disco scene for Amara! There are 10 Decade Dolls that you can find in the Paper Nest Dolls store and they come in both digital and red rubber. I used the digital version so that I can make the size of the stamp I needed.


To make this A6 card, I printed the stamp, colored it with Copic markers, then fussy cut her out. I created the sentiment on my computer and printed it at the same time I printed the stamp.

Copic makers used:
Skin: E59, E57, E15, E33, E31
Cheeks: R32
Hair: 100, C9, C7, C5, C3
Dots on dress- Purple: V15, Green: YG07, Pink: RV17, Orange: YR16
Blue: BG04, BG02, BG01, BG000
Shoes: Pink: RV17, RV14, RV11; Orange: YR16, YR14, YR12


Supplies:
-Pink cardstock: Michaels Crafts
-Chevron Embossing folder: Darice
-Geometric Stencil: Amazon
-Distress Oxide: Mermaid Lagoon, Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn
-Patterned paper: Photoplay
-Scalloped Edge Dies: Scrappy Boy Stamps
-Scalloped Edge Dies: Scrappy Boy Stamps
-Disco Ball & Stars: Stamp Anniething
-Silver glitter cardstock: JoAnn's Crafts

I first created the pink mat layer by embossing it using the chevron embossing folder. Then I created stenciled background by using the Geometric Stencil and Distress Oxide inks. I used a ink blending brush and overlapped some of the colors. I adhered this onto the pink layer. I cut out the patterned papers using the scalloped edge dies and adhered them to the stenciled background.


To create the disco ball, I first inked white cardstock using the Distress Oxide inks, making sure to ink the different colors in different spots. Then I used the disco ball circle to cut it out. I cut out the front part of the disco ball using silver glitter cardstock and adhered it to the inked circle. At this time I cut out the stars and adhered them to the patterned papers along with the disco ball.

I adhered Amara onto the card front using double-sided adhesive foam squares. To finish the card, I matted the sentiment then adhered it using the double-sided adhesive foam squares.


Such a fun stamp to color and card to make! I'll for sure be coloring more Decade Dolls! 

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful and creative day! 


1 comment:

  1. Let’s do the Hustle. She is adorable in her jumpsuit. Your colors are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete