Sunday, May 8, 2022

Scrappy Boy Stamps: MemoryDex Card - Mermazing!

I am a newbie when it comes to creating MemoryDex cards. It's smaller than an A2 card and they typically measure 4" wide by 3-1/2" to 4" tall. So when designing a MemoryDex card, I have to think small. I don't want it to look too cluttered and when it spins on the MemoryDex holder, items must be adhered so they don't fall off. Scrappy Boy Stamps has the perfect size stamps for MemoryDex cards. I used the previously released stamp set (released December 2021) called Mermazing. It is one of my favorite releases and am glad to have the chance to make another project with it!


I first stamped the mermaid onto white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, the cut it out using the coordinating outline die.

Copic markers used:
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Hair: E18, E08, YR18, YR14,
Turquoise: BG49, BG45, BG01
Green: YG17, YG06, YG03


I stamped the seashell and starfish onto purple and turquoise glitter paper and cut them out with the coordinating outline dies. These make really cute embellishments. 

I stamped the sentiment on blue cardstock with VersaMark embossing ink and used white embossing power to create the sentiment. I trimmed it with a paper trimmer.
I used a MemoryDex die and cut it out using patterned paper from the Under the Sea paper pad.

I assembled all the pieces and adhered everything down with liquid glue except for the mermaid, where I used double-sided adhesive foam tape and the card was completed. So fun, fast, and easy to make! 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you give this Memory Dex card a try! Have a wonderful and creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment