Saturday, June 18, 2022

Stamp Anniething & Artesprix: Bag/Luggage Tag Sublimation Project

I have something new to share this month from the Stamp Anniething and Artesprix Collaboration! Artesprix is a company that has a line of sublimation inks to allow crafters to create and customize products, such as key chains, shirts, magnets, luggage tags and more! They were generous to supply the Stamp Anniething Design Team with stamp pads in all colors, markers, bag/luggage tags, magnets, key chains, heat tape, and protective paper. More detailed information on sublimation and their products can be found on their website. 


Today I am sharing this bag/luggage tag that I made with the Stamp Anniething stamp called Audrina - Make a Splash. I am still learning how these inks work and how bright they get after the heat is applied. 

I first placed the bag/luggage tag on top of white bond paper (not cardstock) and traced around it with a pencil. This was my guide as where to stamp my images.

I then stamped Audrina using the black Artesprix Iron-on-Ink Sublimation Stamp pad onto the white bond paper. I used a stamp positioner to stamp the image. The ink pads are very juicy so I carefully tapped the pad to ink the stamp. Then I let the ink dry for about 15 minutes. 

Next, I used the Artesprix Permanent Thermal Transfer Markers to color the image. Using the same markers and Stamp Anniething's Bubble stencil, I added a few bubbles. After I finished coloring, it was time to get everything ready for the heat press to transfer the colored image onto the bag/luggage tag. 



I aligned the tag with the pencil lines I drew earlier and used Artesprix Heat Tape to adhere the tag onto the paper. 



I then created the “sandwich” using Artesprix Protective Paper on the bottom and top of the sandwich. 


With the image on top, face down, onto the tag, I used my heat press set at 400 degrees and at 60 seconds to transfer the image. I carefully removed it from the heat press and let it cool then removed the papers and heat tape.


The Artesprix website has instructions on how to make each of their products. I followed the step-by-step instructions posted on the Artesprix website for the Maple Bag Tags:

To finish the tag, I added the “string.” 




I am having fun learning and experimenting with the Artesprix products. I love that everything you sublimate is permanent. Give their products a try. They make great gifts! Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day! 







No comments:

Post a Comment