Friday, February 2, 2024

Coffee Loving Cardmakers: You Perk Up My Life

What an honor to be February's guest designer for Coffee Loving Cardmakers where it's all about coffee, tea, and hot-chocolate related paper crafting projects! If you are a coffee and/or paper craft lover, you must check out their blog (Coffee Loving Cardmakers), Facebook Group (Coffee Loving Paper Crafters), or Instagram (Coffee Loving Cardmakers)! 


I get up in the morning before my husband so I am the coffee maker. Between the two of us, we normally drink one pot, but on occasion we need to make another half a pot. I am a no frills coffee drinker. My go-to coffee is Yuban, and I drink it black. It's pretty much coffee and crafting for me in the mornings. It's so nice to be retired!

Although I don't wear pink curlers any longer, I do remember wearing them when I was younger. This digital stamp from Super Sponsor Stamp Anniething, called "But Coffee First" is me in my younger days!


Stamp Anniething products used:
  • Digital Stamp "But Coffee First"
  • Coffee Bar Builder Dies
  • Houseplant Builder Dies
  • Brick Stencil
  • Sentiment from "Kristina-Watch Me Sip" stamp set
Supplies used:
  • Speedball Modeling (texture) Paste (white)
  • Distress Inks
    • Bundled Sage for brick wall
    • Gathered Twigs and Bundled Sage for coffee bar
  • A2 white card base
  • Brown cardstock mat
  • Bristol cardstock for brick wall

Copic markers used to color stamps and dies:

But First Coffee stamp:
  • Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
  • Cheeks: R20
  • Tongue: R22, r20
  • Pink: R56, R85, R83, R81
  • Hair: 100, C7, C5, C3
  • Green: G17, G14, G12
  • Brown: E39, E34
Coffee Pot:
  • Brown: E39, E37, E25
  • Green: G17, G14, G12
  • Pink:  R56, R85, R83, R81
  • Blue (glass): BG0000
Coffee Cups and Plants:
  • Green: G17, G14, G12
  • Pink:  R56, R85, R83, R81
Instructions:
  • First create the brick background with the modeling paste. Ensure it is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
  • Using a sponge blending tool, add the Distress Ink in Bundled Sage to the center of the panel, keeping the outer edges white.
  • Cut out the pieces of the Coffee Bar Builder Dies in white cardstock. Ink the main piece using Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs. Drag the ink pad on the cardstock to make it look like wood. Then drag the Bundles Sage ink pad on the trim pieces.
  • Color the coffee pot and coffee cups with Copic markers (colors listed above). Assemble and glue the pieces together.
  • Cut out the pieces of the Houseplant Builder Die. Color with Copic markers. Assemble and glue the pieces together.
  • For the floor, I found of piece of brown speckled patterned paper in my scrap pile. I cut a strip of tan paper for the floor board. 
  • Adhere all the pieces onto the card base as shown. The girl and house plants are mounted with foam tape and everything else with liquid glue.
  • To finish the card, stamp the sentiment, trim, and adhere to the card front using foam tape.

Thank you for stopping by! I'll be guest designing all month making some fun coffee-related cards, so please come back and visit again! Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment