Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Conie Fong Art & Design - Poinsettia Happy Holidays Mini-slimline Card

I love poinsettias, especially red ones. When I went to Kona, Hawaii, poinsettias grew on big shrubs. It was so beautiful to see. It seems like they like the warm weather in Kona. This could be why the ones I get don't survive the cold winter weather where I live. Today I am sharing a mini-slimline card made with Conie Fong's digital poinsettia stamps. I used two of the three stamp designs from the Poinsettia Accessory Bundle. This bundle includes both the jpg and png formats.

Don't forget to enter in our monthly challenges over at the Conie Fong Art & Desing Facebook Group to win some digital stamps! 




I love this new mini-slimline size. The card measures 3-1/4"W x 6"H. These cards fit into a 6-1/2" envelope that you can buy anywhere. In the picture below, I placed the mini-slimline over a regular slimline size so that you can see the size difference. 



Supplies:
  • Digital stamps: Conie Fong Poinsettia Accessory Bundle
  • White cardstock for base card: 6-1/2"W x 6", scored at 3-1/4", folded in half. 
  • Black cardstock for mat: 3" x 5-3/4"
  • White cardstock for card front: 2-7/8" x 5-5/8"
  • Lattice die (digital or metal die). You can also use washi tape or black cardstock to create a lattice background.
  • Happy Holidays sentiment - Create one digitally or use a stamp.
  • Your favorite adhesive
  • Paper trimmer
  • Coloring medium of choice. I used Copic markers.
  • Enamel dots or rhinestones for embellishing.
Copic markers used:
  • Red: R89, R59, R46, R24
  • Yellow: Y17, YR23, YR21
  • Green: G28, G07, G24
Instructions:

I created this entire card front digitally using my Silhouette Studio software. After creating it in Studio, I printed it and colored the poinsettias and trimmed it to size as indicated in the supplies list. If you do not have software to create this digitally, you can still make this card by using these following instructions.
  • Create the lattice background using thin black washi tape, black cardstock strips or a lattice die.
  • Create the sentiment using Microsoft Word or stamp and cut it to fit the card.
  • Print, color, and cut the poinsettias and adhere to the lattice. 
  • Adhere mat to the base card and then adhere the card front.
  • Adhere the enamel dots or rhinestones.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you give this card a try. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. 



4 comments:

  1. Stunning Betty! I just saw there are new dies coming out for this size of mini slimline. That is all we need, more dies. LOL! I love this size too. It is really a great size. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Gloria

    https://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria! I could use some mini slimline dies! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Perfect size for a gift certificate. As always your colors are cute n point. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete