Thursday, August 5, 2021

Stamp Anniething Day 2 Sneak Peek: Tommy-You're My Hero

Welcome to Day 2 of August Sneak Peeks where the theme is "Imagine." Today's shaker card features the adorable stamp, Tommy-You're My Hero and sentiment, the stamp's coordinating outline die, the Imagine Word Die, and the Pinwheel Stencil

Other products used to create this shaker card, are the new Card Mat Dies, glitter cardstock from the Awakening Glitter Pack, Sequins-Purple Enchantment, Acetate, Chipboard, and white gel pen.


I first stamped Tommy and used the coordinating outline die to cut him out. I used Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers to color this stamp. 


Specturm Noir Illustrators Used
Skin: TN8, TN5, TN2, FS6, FS9
Cheeks: FS4
Tongue: PP4, FS4
Hair: TN7, EB1, GB2
Silver: BGR4, BGR3, BGR1
Brown (Box): TN8, TN5, TN3, TN1
Blue: TB5, TB3, TB2, TB1
Horse: EB4, EB2, RB2, RB1

To make the shaker element of this card, I used the Card Mat Dies. Specifically, I used the Scalloped Stitch Mat and the Stitched Rounded Rectangle Mat to cut out 5 layers of chipboard and 1 glitter cardstock. I used the Scalloped Stitch Mat to cut the acetate. 

I used Oxide Inks in Stormy Sky and Black Soot and the Pinwheel Stencil to create the back of the shaker. I stenciled on a 4.25"W x 5.5" piece of white cardstock then cut it with the Scalloped Stitch Mat. 

I adhered the acetate to the glitter cardstock frame using Double Sided Tear Away Tape. You can use liquid glue, but I find that I always end up smearing the glue on the acetate and it's just about impossible to clean it.  However, I adhered all the layers of the chipboard together with Stamp Anniething Glue. After adding the shaker bits/sequins, I again used the Tear-Away Tape to enclose the shaker. 


I cut the word Imagine using the glitter cardstock. The background outline is cut out of white cardstock and I inked the edges with Stormy Sky Oxide Ink. I adhered it to the card front using the Tear-Away Tape. I stamped and trimmed the sentiment, then inked the edges with the Oxide ink and adhered it to the card front again with Tear-Away Tape. I add a couple of glitter enamel dots from my stash. 

For the A2 top folding card base, I cut the corners using the Corner Edgers Die then adhered the card front with liquid glue. The card is finished! 


Thank you for stopping by and please come back for Day 3 of Sneak Peeks! I have another cute and fun card to make. Have a creative and crafty week!





No comments:

Post a Comment