Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps: Snow Family

A friend and I were talking today about getting our Christmas/holiday cards finished, but we were both trying to figure out cards that we can mass produce that didn't take a long time to do. I think I found the stamp that I will be using for some of my cards this year! This is "Snow Family" from Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps (BPM/IBFS). It's an adorable stamp that's easy to color and cut. Add a few trees and a snowy background and you have a beautiful card. 

This month's BPM/IBFS theme is "Stencil It" so the goal is to use a stencil on each project. I used the "Butterfly Trails Circles Patterns Mixed Media Stencil" from BPM/IBFS to create the snowy background. 

You can save 15% on this stamp and all purchases at Blank Page Muse and at I Brake for Stamps by using my special code BPMBetty. 

Supplies:
  • Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps: Snow Family
  • Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps: Butterfly Trails Circles Patterns Mixed Media Stencil
  • Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps: "Have a Wonderful Christmas full of Love!!! sentiment from Classic Christmas Art Rubber Stamp Set by Pam Bray Designs
  • Slimline card base - white cardstock, 8-1/2"W x 7"H, scored at 3-1/2" and folded in half
  • Bristol watercolor paper, 8-3/8"W x 3-3/8"H (I cut mine using a slimline die from Gina Marie Designs called Wonky Stitch)
  • White cardstock to stamp image, 5"W x 4"H
  • White cardstock to stamp sentiment, 2-1/4"W x 1-1/2"H 
  • Blue cardstock to mat sentiment, 2"W x 1-1/8"H
  • 3 Christmas Tree die cuts, 1-3/4"H (I used a stamp from the Christmas-Noel set from Recollections)
  • Distress Inks in Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire & ink blending tool
  • Water spray bottle
  • Favorite adhesive
  • Favorite coloring medium (I used Copic markers)
  • Optional: Sequins (I used some from Hobby Lobby)
Instructions:
  • Cut out the cardstock as indicated in the supplies list
  • Stamp, color, and fussy cut the image. I colored my stamp with Copic markers
    • Black: T7, T5, T3, T1
    • Blue: B2, B00, B000, B0000
    • Red: R29, R24, R22, R21
    • Orange: YR07, YR02
    • Green: YG17, YG03, YG01, YG00
    • Brown: E57, E55, E53
    • Yellow: YR24, YR21, Y15
    • Snow (white): BG01, B000, Blender
  • Using the Bristol watercolor paper, ink blend with Distress Inks in Broken China and Blueprint Sketch. Use the Broken China for the middle of the card and the Blueprint Sketch for the outer part.
  • Tape the Butterfly Trails Stencil onto the inked paper and use a blending brush to apply the Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire. 
  • Sprinkle water onto the ink and blot with a paper towel to give it a snowy background.
  • Stamp and cut out 3 Christmas trees. Use any stamp or die you may have.
  • Stamp the sentiment on white cardstock and trim to 1-3/4"W x 1"H and mat it with blue cardstock.
  • Adhere the trees, snow family, and sentiment onto the card front; then adhere the card front to the card base.
  • Optional: Adhere a few sequins to the card.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you give this card a try! Have a creative week.


Looking for more Inspiration? Click the links below!
The Blank Page Muse Shop https://blankpagemuse.com/
I Brake for Stamps Shop https://ibrakeforstamps.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment